Sunday, February 7, 2010

Should couples (who are also parents) make time for a week long getaway?

I have always thought it was a good idea to have a getaway with my husband in honor our anniversary. Some years it was a day, some years a weekend, and some years (like 10 and 15) a week. My thoughts are that if you nourish your time with your spouse while the kids are growing, you will, hopefully, still have that spark when those kids are grown...and gone. And also, just because it's fun to getaway. Well, our anniversary is coming up in a couple months and we are planning a week long trip. Sometimes, if I mention that I am planning a "getaway" with my husband, I feel like I get "flack" for it. I'm still going to plan my getaways as long as I can, but I wonder how others feel about going away for a week with your spouse, but without your children?

3 comments:

  1. I've never done it, but it sounds like a good idea to make time for each other when you can focus on being partners and not just parents.

    I'm just sayin'........

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!! i totally agree, these times are vital to a long lasting marriage, of course not many folks our age have been married as long as we have... maybe this idea would help others.

    ReplyDelete