Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Being a mother...

is one of the hardest, most challenging, aspects of my life.

WARNING: this may be a bit of a whine fest, so if that's not up your alley, you may want to skip over this post!

I love each of my children dearly...but they can sure cut me to the core sometimes. In everything I do, I always try to have my family's best interest at heart. Sometimes I think that annoys my children to no end that I would actually care about their health and well being! Sometimes it feels like a bed and breakfast (w/extra meals and laundry service) around here! I know I went to school for hotel management, but I didn't think I'd be using it in my own home!

I know they are kids and I don't think they intentionally try to hurt my feelings, but I sure wish they would use a 'filter' every once and a while.

If you stuck with me, thanks for reading...maybe my next post will be a little more enlightening!

1 comment:

  1. I can 100% understand and sympathize. Unfortunately, what you describe is all a normal part of being a mother. However, it doesn't make it hurt any less when your kids [and they do it at all ages] lash out and hurt you. Something said to you by one of your children can hurt you worse then if anybody else had said the same thing. Coming from our children it is more hurtful then anything because we love them more then anything or anyone else. I know it doesn't take the hurt away, but at least you know that you are not alone. It's all part of motherhood which can be so wonderful at times that it defies description.Then there are the times it can be as painful as a stake through our hearts. Sadly, that's just the way it is. I guess as long as the good outweighs the bad in the end, we are ahead of the game....Love you and keep your chin up, Aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete